Here are some ideas for how to use the list of keywords you get from KS2. Please feel free to add your own ideas or to shoot mine down, if you think I am talking rubbish!
NOTE: KEYWORD PHRASES ARE WHAT SEARCHERS LOOK FOR
! This means that these are all phrases that have been entered into a search box
on Google, Bing, Ebay, Amazon or Yahoo. These are NOT necessarily phrases in anyone's web page (though they might be)
1. I ran KS2 using the phrase Vuitton handbags
. (FYI, I chose that phrase because an AWFUL lot of spam has been directed at this forum recently, most of it concerning handbags
. Personally, I have absolutely no interest in handbags, either in owning one or in selling them, so it seemed a good way of testing out KS2)
2. I downloaded the results in a CSV file, which you can open with any spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel or the Libreoffice (free) equivalent. There were over 2000 results.
3. I used the data function in Excel to sort the keyword phrases into alphabetical order, then went down the list just looking for what might be "interesting" subjects. (Highly subjective
4. When I found a phrase that I thought was "interesting", I looked it up in Google keywords, to see how many searches came up for it. I looked at a few that had no searches, then came across the keyword authentic Louis Vuitton handbags
and when I plugged that into Google adwords, it came up with 9,000 global monthly searches but that was with the "broad match". Looked good. And there was "medium" competition. I also checked with the "exact match" and it came up with 1600 global monthly searches and "high" competition - not so good.
5. I used a domain name checker and the domain name authenticlouisvuittonhandbags
was available as a .com (it probably won't be 5 minutes after I post this!
6. I plugged it into Keyword Canine to see what that came up with but this is not necessary if you don't have KC. It confirmed that this would be a hard phrase to rank for.
7. If I were to decide to continue with this and to buy the domain name, I would then write several articles using many of the other keyword phrases shown in the KS2 list, for instance, "authentic louis vuitton handbags and wallets" and "authentic louis vuitton handbag prices", etc. Though I would check these phrases with Google adwords, to check out how many searches there were for these phrases too. These longer phrases can suggest articles that could be written and through which a lot of these phrases could be sprinkled very naturally.
What are your thoughts? Do you have anything to add?
I think I would also check any domain name I was thinking of buying through Google "trends" or similar to see if this search was an "evergreen" one, rather than just the latest gossip that will die away in a week or two.